Organ 88-Key Controller Re-Channelizing Rack for Solo or Performer

This permits using an 88-key keyboard in conjunction with a B-3 style organ emulation to control various parts of the organ.

One mode permits you to control the bass pedal keys with the left hand and the entire lower manual with the right hand.

Another mode permits you to control the bass pedal keys with the left hand and the entire upper manual with the right hand.

The third mode permits you to control the entire upper manual with the right hand and a portion of the lower manual with the left.

See the video below for a demo. BTW - the regular “Organ Re-Channelizing Rack” now has included the pedals transpositions mentioned in the videol

If you have any suggestions for improvements or additions, please let me know and I’ll add them and re-upload the file with the improvements.

Update - as per a suggestion (a noted frustration) from Corky mentioned down-thread, this rack now includes the ability to utilize the bottom three notes left over on the 88-key controller as black-key preset switches:

Bottom 3 Notes (A, Bb, B) to Lower Manual Black Key Presets
Bottom 3 Notes (A, Bb, B) to Upper Manual Black Key Presets

Organ 88-Key Re-channelizing Rack.cantabileRack (21.1 KB)

Terry

@Corky - Please let me know what you need to change (!) and also mention this in the massive Organ thread if you would! :bowing_man:

3 Likes

Will do Terry…thanks!!

1 Like

Eh, don’t forget the other one! They are not the same. :bowing_man:

Terry

@terrybritton

Love the Re-Channelizing. I know there are at least 2 of the clones that offer Bass Pedals settings on the upper and lower…BUT, your method would be much easier.

1 Like

My favorite use of this - since I have the 88-key controller beneath a 61-key controller - is to send the upper controller directly to the plugin, and then use the 88-key re-channelized split for the lower manual and bass pedals.

Terry

That is probably the best way to use it. One other thing I like, is running both manuals with one keyboard. Great rack!! I will be using this at next rehearsal, fur shore. :wink:

1 Like

The selection of the preset keys (black ones) have always been a sore spot for me, because most of the clones don’t offer a CC parameter for them. Being able to use the “B” & “Bb” presets are so essential for most Hammond players, especially for short keyboard controllers.

1 Like

Yes, this rack currently does not have those black preset keys being made available on the 88-key controller, due to the split point. But it would be awkward to place those preset black keys (even two of them) between the pedals and other manual.

There are three half steps at the bottom left beneath the pedals (A, Bb and B) – maybe I could incorporate that as another split point.
…
Well, I didn’t even finish this post and went ahead and added the bottom three notes as a stackable choice.

I’ll see if I can combine that feature embeded inside of the others. Meanwhile, this works fine using a layered approach.

Layering:
Left Hand Bass Pedals + Right Hand Lower Register

Or alternatively layering:
Left Hand Bass Pedals + Right Hand Upper Register

Or you could conceivably layer:
Left Hand Bass Pedals + Right Hand Lower Register

Terry

Organ 88-Key Re-channelizing Rack.cantabileRack (21.1 KB)

That’ll work!

1 Like