On The Lighter Side -- The 432 Saga Continues

These are the kind of thoughts that keep me awake at night:

I am still gigging with my A=432 HZ band, and though I don’t really accept the theories behind it, there is something about it that is relaxing. Of course, the consumption of Beer and Schnapps might be attributable as well. Some songs cross over to my other bands at 440, so keeping plugins in check has been a high priority, especially the vst tuner I use.
So, I was wondering last night about the difficulties in using a 17 tone scale, all caused by watching a documentary about Harry Partch. I also thought about a 24 tone scale, which I believe would be easier to achieve.
Then it struck me…would a 17 tone scale affect the 432 theory? At first, I thought no, but then quarter tones would seem to throw things off. As I ponder, I will drag a cold one from the bottom of the cooler, pop the top, and raise the bottle to Einstein, Tesla, and Harry Partch…the Bastards that keep me awake at night!

:beer: :beer: :beer: :sleeping:

1 Like

When I’m really sleepy, I play my flute in A=415. To me, it has a lulling effect when playing solo, though it seems to annoy most people in a band setting.

Terry

2 Likes

Adam Neely does a pretty good job of ripping the theory behind 432Hz to shreds here:

Good luck, and may you enjoy making music in whatever frequency range you choose.

2 Likes

Many blues guitar slingers play in Eb, which is slightly lower than 432. So, if I tune my guitar to Eb, but play a song in F, will it cancel out the near 432 effect? Or maybe using a capo on the F fret? Anyway…I was never good at math. :blush:

1 Like