Novation Impulse and "Drawbar" Mode

Apologies if this has been covered here before - I did a search and couldn’t find it :frowning:

This isn’t specific to Cantabile, but I believe that the brain trust here may be able to help.

I have a Novation Impulse 61. I’d really like to use the sliders to control my VB3v2 but can’t figure out how to change the settings on the Novation itself.

As an alternative, I believe there is a way to reverse the faders through Cantabile, but I can’t figure it out…

You can reverse drawbars within VB3 II.

I am not familiar with Novation, but I had to reverse drawbars on my M-Audio. If the settings on on VB3 II doesn’t work for you let me know. I am sure we can do it thru Cantabile.

Cheers

Corky

2 Likes

Most Organ VSTi allow you to reverse Drawbar CC (see @Corky’s post). But if your instrument doesn’t, reversing Controllers is easy - I usually do this via bindings:

Just set the target range to 127…0 and everything works.

I had to use this approach with B-5v3 when binding directly to its internal VST parameters. For B-5, the drawbar parameters go in reverse, with 0 being fully drawn (unlike B3-X, where fully drawn is 1.0 - parameters are 0.0…1.0). So when I built a rack around B-5, I had to reverse my automation parameters using the bindings target method - works nicely.

Cheers,

Torsten

3 Likes

Thank you. I’ll start with the VB3 configuration and then move on from there if I need to.

Knew there’d be a quick answer here :slight_smile:

Pat

1 Like

Confirmed this (using the VB3 settings). It’s really nice to have the ability to mess with the sliders in the right direction :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help-

1 Like