No Audio through the Background Rack

Hi,

I’ve updated to Build 4061 and now I don’t have any audio going through the Background rack. If I connect the audio directly to the main out, I hear the audio, but when I connect to the loopback Bus, it doesn’t sound anymore.

It was running without any problem before the update.

Any idea what could happen?

many thanks in advance!
Ramon

I see the vumeters’ activity in the path to the loopback BUS but no activity in the input of the Background Rack…

Help!!

Ramon

Hi Ramon,

have you checked that bx_solo is active? The route from bx_solo to Main Out is dark green (at least it seems dark green in your picture) which could mean that the bx_solo is muted.

Gabriel

Hi Gabriel,

it’s active. In fact, if I connect the Bus directly to the Main Out on the Background Rack I can’t hear anything, because nothing arrives to the Bus… the vumeter is always inactive.

Ramon

Ok. What is the setup of your input ports after the update? Are loopback ports still activated in the advance option dialog (I guess they are, since you can see them…but who knows).

It could also be that something went wrong with the settings.json file, where port configuration should be stored. It is difficult to be more precise without any further detail.

Now, I am not at my PC and I could not check the procedure, so take it with a grain of salt…anyway, you could try to

1. quit cantabile
  2. copy the settings.json and settings.lastgood.json files to another folder for backup
  3. delete the settings.json file and the settings.lastgood.json file
  4. start cantabile and try to setup again a loopback port to see if it works (of course you will probably need to setup again also other things: driver, midi and audio ports, etc.)

if it works, at least we know the problem was with the settings.json file.

Gabriel

Ok, I got it! it was the Master Input Gain, which I always have to 0 because I thought it was for the physical inputs.

Strange thing is that before the update 4061 I could hear the sound through the background rack with this Gain set to 0.

Anyway, Gabriel, thanks for your replies and interest!!

best regards
Ramon

1 Like

I suspect you were affected by the recent fix to This Bug

I forgott about these options in the ports, I will take a look at them!

Thanks Clint!