No Activity on Master Output Volume Meters

Hi, I just realized that the Master Output Volume Meters are not working on my Cantabile Solo build 4052. I hear my output and can control the gain volume but no activity is shown in the meters.

Any idea? Maybe I changed something I’m not aware of?

thanks in advance!
Ramon

It might be related to this issue, which I believe is still pending in 4052 …

Hi Clint, thanks for answering, but I don’t think it is related to the missing activity on the meters. Or maybe I haven’t understand the [Responds to Master Gain] option at all.

Hi mon8169,

I’m not sure if this it but the condition you describe can happen if the “Include in Master Indicator” box is not checked on the Audio Port you are using for your main out.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave,

it’s checked in my audio port.

The curious thing is that the stereo out meter in the main routing view works as usual, but not the meter below the menu, which I think it should be the same.

Ramon

Hey Ramon,

That is weird, have you tried to install a earlier version to see it changes it?

Dave

Hi Dave,

I’ve checked C3 and I’ve seen the meters working…

and just discovered that the meters are missing in my C4:

I though that the lines below the fader for the output gain were the ones for the meter… really dumb… :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

Any clue why this happens?

Ramon

Hi Ramon,

The only time it happens is when the window is small on my rig because the tool bar has to omit some of the elemnets as it gets smaller. So that’s my guess, I would try maximizing the window to see if the meters return.

small window has no meters

full screen has meters

Dave

I also have the missing master gain meter issue on my system. The work-around for me is to reduce the UI scaling % if you need to see the meters.

2 Likes

changing the UI Scaling solve it!! Thanks!!

Ramon

1 Like