Nice Channel Strip plugin

Hi all,

an interesting new addition to my arsenal: Harrison (of Harrison Console fame) recently published a channel strip plugin - a spin-off of their Ardour-based DAW “Mixbus 32C”.

It has the usual channel strip functions: meter, input & output trim, hi- and lo-pass, compressor, and EQ. I like the layout - all necessary controls for sound shaping arranged in an easy-to-use GUI - makes it super-quick to dial in your sound.

Its CPU footprint is lower than my usual go-to EQ plugin in my racks (FabFilter Pro-Q 3). No added latency reported (in REAPER), so that looks good as well. The EQ feels hi-quality - difficult to make it sound harsh even with massive boosts of the high bands.

I like having sound-shaping options in my instrument racks; I may well make this my default post-instrument plugin - of course after some intensive testing…

It’s still on sale for $49, half the final price - their email says until today, so grab it if you’re in the market for something like it.

Cheers,

Torsten

6 Likes

I’ve been tracking in Reaper and then mixing in Mixbus 32C. The mixes sound great with this EQ and built in compression.

Question - does it have the tape saturation (Drive knob)?

1 Like

Nope - no tape saturation on this one. As far as I remember, Mixbus 32C doesn’t have saturation at input channel level, only on bus and master channels.

1 Like

I hesitated to buy it at first since the AVA mastering EQ always crashes Studio One when I close the GUI and there was no reply to my question for weeks now. In addition the version number can’t be seen from the installation file so I downloaded it three times with the same result - crash.
With this new plugin it is different. Seems to be a nice tool.