Newbie Help - Brand new to this software

Hi all,
Just downloaded Cantabile today. I will have in my possession later today a McMillan 12 step. My plan is to use the 12 Step to play some simple keyboard parts/chords while playing bass. So far I cannot get a vst plugin to open in Cantabile. I don’t have all of them on this laptop yet but do have Spitfire’s free BBC orchestra for now. I even put the .dll file in a very specific folder and pointed Cantabile to it but I’m not getting anywhere. I have been checking this forum and watching the walk through videos that I can find. Any help for a beginner would be great. Or if I am looking in the wrong place please let me know.

Thank you.

Hi.

Key thing to check first of all is are your plugins 64 bit?

If you can’t figure this out, send me a debug log and I’ll look into what’s happening.

1. Start Cantabile
  2. Make sure your plugin path is set as intended. (Tools -> Options -> Plugin Options)
  3. From the Tools menu, choose the “Scan Plugin Folders (Full)” command and wait for it to finish.
  4. From the Tools menu, choose Open Settings Folder
  5. Close Cantabile

From the folder opened in step 4, send me the files, log.txt, log-previous.txt, settings.json and plugins.json along with a note on where the plugin is installed and I’ll check it out.

Thank you for the replies. I was able to download mda epanio, place it in a specific location and get it to work with the software. I won’t need many. I was experimenting with BBC Orchestra and BiasFX in an attempt to learn Cantabile but kept getting an error that “this plugin is not designed for this software”. That might not be the verbatim response. I’m at work now but will work on this more this evening. The most important plugin I have is for a Hammond organ VST that I bought so hopefully I can get all of this to work. Midi sort of makes my eyes bleed and smoke comes from my ears. Thanks for the help.

Also I have VST paths set up in Cantabile to every place there could be a VST plugin and when I run scan, it doesn’t find any. I don’t remember if it found mda epanio with a scan or if I drove Cantabile to it manually.

this is the message you get when trying to use 32 bit plugins with the 64 bit version of Cantabile or vice versa. Make sure you

• learn about the difference between the two architectures (32 bit vs 64 bit)
  • make sure your 32 and 64 bit plugins are installed in different folder structures
  • ensure that you only point Cantabile at the right plugin folders (64 bit version should only scan the folders with 64 bit plugins etc)

Cheers

Torsten

Okay. Thanks for the help. I’m getting further now. I got my Hammond plugin to work and some others so making progress. Now to figure out the rest of it for shows, lol.

Thanks again.

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Have you solved the reported problem?

Yes I believe so, it was simply a matter of running the correct installation of Cantabile vs. Plugins I need/want to use.

Thank you,

Also make sure you installed the x64 version of Cantable.