New Year wishes - Option to not save a newly created song while in a setlist

When in a setlist, I would like to have the option to close a newly created, unnamed song without have to save it. Strangely enough, this does not seem possible.

Normally, when I’m in a new song that has not been named or saved before and subsequently open another song, I am prompted to save or discard the song. All good. However, when I’m in a setlist and try to do the same thing, I do not get this prompt. In fact, there is no way I can discard the song and open a song from the setlist unless I save the new song first. That doesn’t seem very logical to me. Or am I overlooking something (wouldn’t be the first time…)?

My workaround has been to save the song (replacing a dummy song name I created for the purpose), then choose not to add it to the setlist, and only then can I move to a song in my setlist. Or I guess I could simply add the dummy song to each setlist and open that if I just want to experiment with some settings.

It would be great if we could get the same familiar dialog when in a setlist, with the following 3 options: save the song, not save the song (discard it) or cancel the operation. And/or if the File menu had the option to close a song with the same dialog.

1 Like

Hi @hermanoantequera

What do you have selected for Options → General → Save and Load → Save Songs when Switching via Set List:

I’m guessing you’ve selected “Save” which means you always want to save so you get the prompt for file name since the song doesn’t yet have a name.

Easiest work around is just go File → New, don’t save then switch via set list.

Brad

3 Likes

Thanks @Brad :blush: I remember configuring these settings when I first installed Cantabile but never thought to go back to them.

1 Like