New MIDI Filter: Sticky Note

New Sticky Note MIDI Filter

(Thanks to Tim Starace for the suggestion).

9 Likes

Very nice, could help a lot on my bass duties!

Dave

1 Like

Will help my keyboard background fill while playing guitar. No more holding sustain down with foot as I execute an outstanding lead. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Very useful! Thanks.

1 Like

Neat idea! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very useful - another great use will be triggering rhythm loops and so on. Ooh - and combined with a plugin like piz midiChords, you can keep sustained chords going, hands-free.

I quite like the name “Sticky monophonic note”. It does what it says on the tin.

2 Likes

Yeah!
In the past I did this by using the sustain pedal. But this solution seems to be simpler and easier to integrate!
Thanks @brad

1 Like

Back in the day I remember wedging an extra headphone adapter between the keys of my ARP 2500 to hold a key down. This probably beats that.

3 Likes

AND there is the famous Billy Preston Matchbook trick. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Outstanding!!! Thanks for your hard work!

1 Like

Billy wasn’t the only one to do this one for sure! I did it too a lot but learned it from an old Mini Moog player! And I made a rack to do it too, but it will do Polyphonic hold action too.

3 Likes

Build 3551 available now with this. Also, it’s changed a bit:

• Now has Monophonic/Polyphonic option and
  • Master Release Note

(I’ve also updated the video above to reflect changes).

3 Likes

This is cool, and will be fun to integrate …

Thanks for the cool extra poly features, excellent addition! And very musical to use!

Dave

1 Like

I will definitely be using this feature. Even more with the Polyphonic option. Thanks Brad ! :smiley:

Master Release Note - excellent idea!!!

1 Like

Then there’s the legendary Dave Stewart in the Bruford band, from about 0:20:

3 Likes

This is great Neil. I tried to do the same thing MANY years ago, but couldn’t come up with weights that would work. However, I did try a tilted, 3/4 full beer can at a balanced angle. It did work a few times, and learned very quickly, play lightly. The problem was, it was hard to maintain a somewhat full can, as I had an insatiable thirst in those days. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I used cassette tapes in their cases turned on edge, standing tall to do chords back in the 70’s lol. I also tried brass weights from a scale set. The black keys were a hassle to be sure! My beer cans never made it to the keys with enough weight in them to be much good … burp

2 Likes

Lol…absolutely !

Same here…Bottles were non-functional as they were unbalanced. They made decent guitar slides in a pinch tho.

1 Like

Very cool! I use the Latch feature in Omnisphere for this. Now I can latch notes in any plugin! Thanks!