Need Help with Banks/Presets in PluginRack DMXIS

My Problem ist to work with Banks and Presets in my Rack.

…is it possible to store Presets to select them in cantabile directly?

I have got some Banks with Presets in DMXIS and will select this banks directly from C3… same way than other plugins but it doesn’t work …is this a bug in the dmxis plugin (1.6.3) or
have I overlooked something??

Hi Juergen, selecting presets using the VST automation didn’t work reliably for me either. I gave up and now send MIDI notes on channel 15 and 16 to select bank and preset. This works reliably for me as long as I don’t change from one preset to the next too quickly. (< 100ms)

1 Like

That’s what I do as well, either from MIDI tracks in a media player or MIDI notes from a keyboard

1 Like

Thanks for your answer.
At the moment i am testing the best workflow for me.
DMXIS plugin is very easy to use an it works perfect with timing but also it is horror to work with banks and presets if you want to change anything later.
the next point is the flexibility… with D-Pro it is easy to build modular shows with cuelists and so I think it is the better way for me to use D-Pro and control it with C3 MIDI commands

Hi Juergen, if you have Excel you might want to give this a try. I was considering upgrading to D-Pro, for exactly the same reasons but this sheet gives me all the cuelist and reusable palette functionality I needed.

I’m thinking about extending it so that it also automatically generates the C3 rack as well. Otherwise I have to add all the rack states manually - I have 341 presets, which is 341 rack states.

PM me with an email address if you want a copy to try.

1 Like

Interresting…tomorrow I will take a look on it
Cheers

What confused me on DMXIS is that you never see all parameters at the same time.

as an example : I will run only one Fast white Light over all my Rgb’s, Heads ,bars, scanners… from the left to the right and Back

this is very easy to do in D-Pro (only select all Lights with the mouse and choose the right osc… thats it)

other things are very complicate in D-Pro: as examlpe a simple Light bar running light is much easier to do in DMXIS

…With D-Pro it is no Problem to add effects later to the show when working with snapshots (you must only add the new effect or light to the snapshot and it takes the effekt to all linked RackStates in C3)

…Timing is only a D-Pro problem if the Tempo will be changed when the song is running!
because there is no trigger in C3 that detect’s a tempo change and allows to bind a reaction
…here it needs a new trigger that set the fx at perfect time.
Speed is set automaticaly but the effects will run out of the Masterbeat when changing speed in time when the Metronome runs because of the latency off detection.

Continous sending of an Tap Information ex. with CCStepper help’s in this case but!>>>
if you set a Tap each 8 Bars and there is for example a slowly ‘Scanner Circle Move’ from 16bars it will cut in the middle an runns back to beginning (thats not so good)

…so I selected my longest effect (fx) time for CCStepper to tap the Sync-Beat

for me the effect is ok

so maybe I will controll running lights on KLS-Bar with MIDI in the MediaPlayer …think that is the best way to do

Yes I found a couple of issues like this - You can’t instantly restart a cuelist in D-Pro if the tempo drifts or changes like you can in DMXIS. Also you couldn’t create an override preset for, say, a guitar solo. If you tried then the override colour would “add” to the existing fader values not “replace”. Apparently this is in the new Beta, but that is not available to trial users.

So I stuck with DMXIS. I’ve now got my excel sheet automatically creating a rack in Cantabile with rack states for each preset in each bank. Including oscillator and sound tracker settings.

Yes, I find it difficult to keep track of what light is doing what. I started looking at visualiser software. Apparently Capture is recommended but is $400! There is a free visualiser in Chamsys MagicVis. Both need time invested to learn them, and also need another DMX interface. I did like the visualiser in D-Pro.

My workflow now is to use only the snapshot buttons and link it directly to a linked rack.
The same states than the snapshots so I can link it with one command.

To override is not a problem if you arrange the colors in radiogroups
in this case it can only one color at the same time be active ( i think)