I’ve had reports of an issue in some of the later builds of Cantabile where the show notes panel stops updating. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to reproduce it so I’m hoping for a bit of crowd sourced help to narrow it down. If you’ve got a few moments could you please try to reproducing this and report back what you find.
Here’s what I know:
- The problem manifests as the show notes panel failing to update on song and state changes.
- The panel remains responsive and can still be interacted with, it just shows the wrong show notes.
- The problem seems to happen after File -> Revert
- It could be related to something else in the song, a referenced rack or the background rack, so try with different combinations of songs and racks.
- I don’t know if its 100% reproducible, only happens in some circumstances or is timing related.
- I don’t know which build this started in but first reports happened around 3590.
If you can reproduce it please send me the associated song, racks, and background rack along with some detailed steps on how to make it happen. If you’re really keen, anything you can do to narrow it down would be awesome (eg: remove racks one by one until it stops happening etc…)
Also, knowing exactly which build it started in would be useful. If you can reliably reproduce it, try going back a few builds and see if you can figure out which build it started happening in. (Make a backup your settings file first since it’s changed a few times recently and older builds might lose some of your controller bar configurations, record port sets etc…).
I suspect it’ll be an easy fix once I can reproduce it but need some help figuring out how.
All help greatly appreciated…