Navigation and bindings. Is there a way to trigger a tab key?

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f9787d5ca20>

As part of my Cantabile fault tolerance experiment, I like to have a series of Bindings that will change the Audio Engine from “Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver” to “X-Air XR18 ASIO Driver” . Here’s the sequence I need (Assumes some preconfiguring of cursors and selections):

Execute Command -> UI Command -> Tools-Options //Opens window, cursor on “Audio Engine”
Navigation -> Tab // ??? no Tab? is there another key that will work?
Navigation -> down arrow // multiple times to get to XR18 (or other device)
Navigation -> Enter

This sequence would be used to activate a stand-by computer and change the Audio Engine from “Generic Low Latency ASIO” to XR-18 so I wouldn’t have to “mouse hunt” for it in the event of a failure of the primary.

Is there a way to emulate/simulate a Tab character to move the cursor from the Left Hand pane of the “Options…” box to the Right-side pane with the pull-down list of Audio Drivers?

Inquiring mind wants to know,
Richard

I used to use a tiny keyboard macro app that was reliable. Can’t remember the name right now. I’ll look in my software install archive. It could definitely send a tab from it’s executable.

1 Like

Ahh. Good idea

How about using AutoIt or AutoHotKey with an “External Command” binding? Both can compile their scripts to an .exe file that you can launch with “External Command”

Cheers,

Torsten

1 Like

Yes - AutoIt and AutoHotKey are the products I have used to send keystrokes.

Perfect. Thanks guys. The value of community when you’re stuck thinking one way.