My Cantabile Guides

Hi,

For some friends of mine, I wrote two guides, which you can find over on my x.factory Librarians web site, hoping to prompt people to consider doing more with VSTis live. :slight_smile:

You can find them at the top of this page http://www.xfactory-librarians.co.uk/guides.html

The first guide shows you how I built my gig rack which is optimised for my needs, and small and portable.

The second guide runs through how I set up and programmed Cantabile for my new venture. It is not meant to replace Brad’s excellent guides, and I stayed away from some the complex ways of configuring Cantabile that some of our power users here excel at :slight_smile:

Hopefully these guides will be useful to newcomers. @Brad, if you wish to link to these from the main site, then be my guest.

11 Likes

Hi @Derek,

Wow! Had a quick look at that - very impressive. I’ll give it a proper read tomorrow!

Will do - thank you!

Brad

1 Like

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing it.

~Thom

1 Like

Hi @Derek,

Thanks again for this great walkthrough guide. I’ve read it through properly now - it’s great.

Brad

1 Like

Thanks, Brad

I like to document large jobs (like the keyboard strip downs also on my guides page) so that hopefully the experience is of help to others :slight_smile:

Nice work there Derek!

1 Like

I love it when members share their unique ways of routing and such. I learn a hell of a lot from everyone, especially the ones sharing visuals. Thanks so much Derek for sharing your detailed accounts. I suggested “sticky” pages over a year ago, and may not work with the forum as it is, but it would really be a benefit,even more so to newbies. I have MANY bookmarks from the informative discussions here, and visit them often. Thanks to all for being so giving. :guitar::musical_score::notes::notes::notes::notes::musical_keyboard::musical_keyboard::musical_keyboard:

1 Like

Yeah, the beauty of Cantabile is that there are so many different ways of doing things, that we can all learn from each other.

The key joy for me in my latest batch of configuration (covered in the guides) is using a linked rack in all songs in a set to allow my preferred method of changing songs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks again for sharing Derek. Would love to see more of this, but as myself, many here are too busy with life events to get as wonderfully detailed as you did. As I stated above, visuals say more than words.

Regards

Corky

2 Likes