Mobius 3 VST crashes

Yesterday I DL’d and installed Mobius3 https://mobiuslooper.com/on an i9 Win 11 laptop. I then opened a Cantabile file in which I’ve been using Mobius 2.5 successfully. In Mobius 3 I set up presets and global parameters etc. and then ran a quick test of basic functionality. It worked just fine, and I saved the Cantabile file with a new name. A very good experience.

Today I attempted to open that file. Cantabile crashes as it attempts to load the file. I also tried opening an older file and replacing Mob 2.5 with Mob 3 - same result. Lastly, with Cantabile open and no file loaded, I attempted to insert an instance of the Mob 3 VST - and that crashed it too.

I’ve posted on the Mpbius forum about this.

I need to focus on other tasks related to a Tuesday evening deadline so please forgive me if any responses to this aren’t seen until later in the week.

See mobius website:

While most of the functionality of the original Mobius has been preserved, it has been extensively redesigned and will not be stable for awhile. You are welcome to try it and report any problems you may encounter, but it is not recommended for serious use.