Midi input busses (external sequencer )

Hi all , first time poster and I’ve got a question
I’ve been demoing cantabile light and it is really impressing .
Now for the question , in a couple of months time I will receive my sequentix cirklon sequencer , I will use it to sequence my external gear but also vst’s and this is where cantabile comes in .
The cirklon has 5 physical midi output ports + an usb output port .
The usb port carries 6 midi busses , 16 channels per bus , so 96 midi channels over midi usb…wooowzers
My question is ,is the free cantabile enough to recognize all the busses , or will I need to update .( assumin the higher end catabile versions will correctly recognize all 6 busses )

cheers

No one ?

Hi gentleclockdivider2 and Welcome,

You would need at least the solo version to get the advanced MIDI routing capability so that is what I would aim at.

Cheers,

Dave

So the solo version will recognize all 96 midi channels , 6 separate busses over usb ?
If so , that is great news

Yes, that is how it works but if you like we can ask @brad the developer to be absolutely sure (I have not set up multi port MIDI in my setup but from my understanding Cantabile solo and performer have the capacity.

Cheers,

Dave

I forgot to mention that the cirklon only has 1 usb port which handles all the (6) midi busses
O.K I will ask the developer .

Sure, I understand how the USB MIDI can handle multiple MIDI ports but just to be clear though I was thinking that what you call a “buss” in MIDI (16 channels) is called a port in Cantabile. In Cantabile the physical ports(busses) would appear as separate checkboxes in the virtual MIDI port you create to route it to the songs in the program.

Port , is indeed bus
Bus has 16 channels
Cirklon has 6 busses over usb out
If cantabile let’s me select each bus ( input port ) , I 'm good
Thanks

Yep, Cantabile will handle assuming each “bus” appears as a separate MIDI device reported by Windows.

ie: you’ll need to create separate ports for each MIDI device (bus) and route appropriately.