Midi file patch changes

Hi I’m using a midi file created in Cakewalk and it has program changes on midi channel 15 and 16 respectively, to control a pod 500 and digitech vocalist VR. when I play the file in cantabile 3 performer they don’t happen but in Cakewalk they do. Monitoring the midi no channel 15 or 16 messages show up.
Is this a routing thing or do I have to use a convoluted process with racks or something .

Thanks Doug

Hey Doug,

Can you post the midi file and show a picture of the media player MIDI output route you talk of? I think it’s a routing thing but would like to check your file first.

Thx

Dave

1 Like

Trying to figure out how to upload the midi file now

you might need to put it in a zip file …

Thanks for the pics Doug, You said you had no midi on midi monitor from channel 15 and 16. Do the other channels play back on the correct channels with that same MIDI file? Also is there activity on the indicators for MIDI when the file plays back?

1 Like

yes on the left button

That is the left button of the pair. but not the ones in the left column

aprilwine_justbetween.zip (5.7 KB)

might be just the midi clock signal though

The left button indicates that the media player is playing back the MIDI data correctly to the route you made. The other right hand indicator in this case is to indicate the device has received the data and acknowledged it which it hasn’t. So … the next place I would trouble shoot is in the MIDI Ports area in Tools >Options>MIDI Ports and double check the ports in question and whether the check-boxes for the assignments to that port are corrupted. Sometimes when hot plugging USB MIDI devices those assignments can be altered and have to be re configured.

1 Like

MIDI file looks good here, It shows you are sending PG changes on ch 16. thx for posting it :grinning: If you look at the MIDI ports in options let me know what you see.

1 Like

@Lodzrock: can you right-click the route from Midi Out to the pod 500 and open a Midi Monitor on this specific route? Now let’s see what the MIDI monitor shows…

1 Like

No events showing

That’s interesting - I just loaded your MIDI file into Cantabile and set up a media player. MIDI monitor on this route shows the following:

So there are definitely program changes coming through - at least for me.

Can you check if there’s something funky in your media file properties (maybe the MIDI channels aren’t mapped to the output port)?
grafik

Cheers,

Torsten

1 Like

How do I get to the media file properties window?

OK, from the picture I notice that the MIDISPORT 4x4 Out A is the physical port shown for the vocalist and the pod 500. To fully check the port you need to select it and open it for editing then check the assignments boxes on that screen e.g.

1 Like