MIDI Controllable MIDI Routes

Recently I’ve received a couple of requests for the ability to enable and disable MIDI routes using a MIDI CC. This seemed like a useful and easy thing to add so I’ve updated Cantabile 2 to support it.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cantabilesoftware.com/blog/midi-controllable-midi-routes-e9e58e248ae4/
1 Like

Hi Brad. I am trying to find this functionality in Version 4, but not able to see the same thing in the bindings options.
I see that there is an option to turn the Midi Route on and off dependent on the state of a controller, within the Route Settings dialogue.
I have a separate set of button controllers, i.e. on a different midi device, which I want to use to control routes live. So I am looking to be able to use a button controller event from one physical midi controller to toggle/disable/enable a midi route related to e.g. the individual plugins in one rack.
So for example, I have Ivory2, Mr Ray, and a Clavinet in my “Main Keys” rack, and want to be able to control the MIDI On/Off to these individual VST’s from my KMix Mixer. The faders control the relative volume of each, and the button above each fader to control midi On Off for each etc.
Can this be achieved with the current functionality ?
Thanks
Stephen

Not sure I’m exactly following the issue here, but… have you given each MIDI route a name? They don’t appear in the bindings panel until you name them. See here.

Thanks. That was what I was missing. Fixed now.