Merry Christmas. Taking a short break

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who’s involved in this community for making another fun year of Cantabile. And, thank you to everyone who regularly helps answer other peoples questions. That really does help with my support load and gives me more time for development.

I’m going to be taking a short break from Cantabile development (I’ll still be answering support emails) but I’ll be back refreshed in the new year.

While I’m off I’ve decided to do a little hobby side project just for fun. See here.

Merry Christmas and Safe and Happy New Year everyone!

Brad

10 Likes

:snowflake::snowflake::snowflake:Merry Christmas Brad to you and your family !! :snowflake::snowflake::snowflake:

Corky

2 Likes

Merry Christmas.

Lot of really good work this year - you can be proud.

3 Likes

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :sparkler:, please celebrate and relax.

Hopefully everyone who gets Cantabile for Christmas will come here first for help :santa:

3 Likes

Merry Christmas to Brad and everybody on this most excellent forum. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to Brad and his family as well as all the members of this excellent forum.

3 Likes

Merry Christmas, @brad and the rest of the gang here! :christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree:

3 Likes

Merry X-mas and a Happy New Year for you and your family.

2 Likes

Hey All,

I’m back!

So my short break turned into a longer than expected working holiday. My son Mitch and I took on a 4 week corporate contract job but we’re no finished with that now and I can get focused on Cantabile again… and Mitch can now afford to buy himself a car (since his previous one got taken to the wreckers after a hit and run).

That was a pretty big distraction, but it reminded me how much I prefer working on Cantabile to business software and was probably the kick in the pants I needed to get refocused.

Today’s job is to get organized and then let the builds begin!

Brad

7 Likes

Welcome back!! Just out of curiosity what happened with the TRS-80 project? I bit of nostalgia on my part as my first computer was a TRS-80 ModelIII with a whopping 16k memory :slight_smile:

Yep, got it working, see here. Still playing around with it as an evening project.

Great to hear that you are back on the road. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Phew! I was beginning to get worried!

2 Likes

The TRS80 has a nostalgic spot for me. I was working at Radio Shack at the time it came out while in college learning programming. I wound up literally teaching a Saudi prince TRS80 BASIC programming, and then got hired away to my first real programming job. (Programming job not related to the Prince)

1 Like