Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone who’s been helping out with Cantabile 4 testing. It’s been a long 6+ months of development and I’m happy to see it’s starting to stabilize (I’ve just put up build 4014 which addresses some problems). There’s still a few outstanding issues which I probably won’t get to until the New Year, but otherwise it’s looking pretty good… and I couldn’t have done it without the help of everyone here - so thank you. I’m looking forward to getting back into new feature development in the New Year.

I’m probably going to be quiet for the next week or so but until then… Merry Christmas and I hope you and your loved ones all have a safe and relaxing break and a Happy New Year.

Brad

PS: In case you’re wondering about that 6+ months of development, alot has changed under the covers:

C:\Users\Brad\Projects\Cantabile4>git diff --shortstat origin/v3
 744 files changed, 38136 insertions(+), 77063 deletions(-)
14 Likes

Merry Christmas, Brad! Thank you for giving us all the gift of Cantabile, your immense talent and dedication to our community. Enjoy your well-deserved time off with family.

2 Likes

Merry Christmas Brad. I know what a long slog an upgrade like this can be, and I appreciate your perserverence and passion to help all of us (even when some of us - like me - constantly page out information that we used to know :slight_smile: ).

Also thanks to everyone in the community for help, guidance, and sharing of great ideas (and even ideas that are not so great so we don’t repeat them).

Pat

3 Likes

I also take this opportunity to congratulate you, Brad, and all the friends of the Forum.
Happy New Year to all!! :wave: :tropical_drink: :beer:
Sergio

1 Like

Belated Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year!

As a former dev, I know what it is to do this sort of platform upgrade and hats off to you Brad. You (and all of us for that matter) are blessed to have such a capable and willing community to help test and get it over the finish line scratch free!

1 Like

Thanks everyone. I’m back from a week of deliberately avoiding my PC. Still in partial holiday mode, but want to catch up on the outstanding v4 issues and get another build out asap.

Happy New Year!
Brad

3 Likes