Media Player Song change cuts VSTs

Hi,

I have an issue. I’ve got a song file that has a playlist spread over 4 media players (for different stems to different outputs) it’s all kept in sync by the master (click) media player which makes sure the others select the right song. This works great. However, when the files get to the end and change automatically to the next one, the sound from my piano rack (the only istrument I’m playing in this show) gets cut off. Is this a) expected behaviour and b) can I do anything to stop it happening?

Cheers as always.

P

Sorry, build 4054, if that makes any difference?

P

@brad, sorry to bump, but any thoughts?

P

Hi @Toaster,

I can’t think of any reason off hand why that would happen. Can you send me a copy of the song and media files and I’ll see if I can reproduce it here and figure out what’s going on.

Brad

Hi @brad, I’m away at the moment, I’ll try and get you those files in the next couple of days…

Cheers

P

Hi @brad,

Sorry for the delay, life got crazy busy! I haven’t had time to put together a test file for you yet, but I was playing with the song the other day and noticed that the audio engine does a reset everytime I skip songs with the live bar buttons I’ve set up for that. I’m assuming that also happens when the songs go on automatically from the previous one. (I’ve got a binding set up that triggers the next song to load when the previous one is finished, is that the way to do it?) I also have a binding to move the slave media players, indexed, to the song that the master is playing. Again, not sure if that’s the correct way to set it up…

P

Hi @Toaster,

The audio engine resets? Are you sure it’s actually resetting and not just showing a busy indicator - ie: what are you basing that observation on?

Brad

The ‘power’ light goes amber, then back to green…

I thought that’s the audio engineer resetting?

P