Media Player goes with delay

Hello.
I want to put “cue guides” in my songs indicating with a voice in the background saying “chorus enters”, “guitar solo enters”, “verse enters”, “4,3,2,1”, etc…

I don’t know if I’m doing it right but for each audio I use a different media player (If it can be done in another more effective way, please tell me).

On the other hand, when I make a binding and say that, for example, mediaplayer1 is launched in measure 2, it seems to be with some delay. It feels like sometimes it goes well and other times it’s a bit slow.
Any idea why it could be?

The audio files are .mp3 of 50 KB at most.

Thank you

Hi, are you using Cantabile’s internal metronome/transport or a midi file? I use cue tracks a lot in one band that uses backing tracks, but they’re all mp3 tracks. I know some folks here use midi files, but I found that going all audio is extremely easy and I’ve yet to have a problem, either in programming or gigging. And the cpu load is pretty low

I haven’t run across your specific issue, but a few things to double check: Check your Master/Slave Sync mode on the media file. Check for other bindings that may be conflicting, even inside racks. Try building a new songs from scratch with just a couple racks and your media players… I’ve sometimes found that when using old songs as a template for new ones, things somehow get corrupted or don’t work as expected, sometimes because of old bindings that are still present.

Wish I could be more helpful.
Tom