Map CC to Note?

I know it is possible using the MIDI filter to map a certain note to a cc but is it possible to do the opposite. I have a keytar for which I would like to map the sustain button to a particular note at a set volume.

Thanks,

Carl

I second this! I’m looking to reassign a sustain pedal as a kick drum at a fixed volume. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Here is a way that works. There’s 2 parts to it. First make a binding.

Next make a custom trigger. This is an example, you should set the target to your choice.

The example is for a keyboard note to make another note at a set velocity.

To do it with a sustain pedal or a cc switch the binding should be like this for a sustain cc and the trigger would be the same as above except the Target. Set that to your choice.

Hope this helps

Regards

2 Likes

Hi Dave,

Thanks for taking the time to post this. I’ll give it a go today.

Best wishes,

Carl

This isn’t implicitly supported but @dave_dore 's suggestion is clever. The only down side would be that because of the way bindings and triggers are dispatched there might be an ever so slight delay - but give it a go.

Anyway, I’ve logged it.

1 Like

Dave’s method actually works really well. I had to create a second trigger for note off info with a delay on it but it’s a great work-around.

1 Like

Alas, I’m running Solo, and it looks like I needed Performer to gain the Triggers feature. Oh well. Thanks for the help everyone. @brad, might this be something included in Solo’s MIDI Routing options or implemented as a MIDI filter?

Side note: great software, great philosophy of keeping it small and simple yet powerful, and great customer service. I’m a hardware/software engineer, so I know how rare it is to speak straight to the developer! Thanks again.

Hi @wmbranch

I’ll have a look at implementing this as a filter.

Brad