Latching Pedal and Upgrading

two questions today:

1. I use VB3 and create a “latch” filter so the sustain pedal on my keyboard acts as a Leslie on/off switch. I do this in the Input Keyboard instance that feeds the VB3.

I’m trying to experiment with Racks, and was wondering if I should just create a “Keyboard to VB3” rack and include the latching there.

2. When you upgrade from Solo to Performer is there anything special that needs to be done? I have one more rehearsal before a gig, and I’m trying to optimize my setup a little bit, and background racks seems like a good thing for me to use as well as some of the snapshotting features so I don’t have to load/unload the plugins for each song.

Anyone have any gotchas or advice here? I’d hate to have worked on volume balances and patches, and then mess it up three days before my first gig with this band.

Thoughts? Advice? Bad Jokes?

Best Advice, don’t switch over 3 days before a gig if your setup is stable!

But on the subject of advice for using racks efficiently here’s some stuff to consider.

• when you bring racks into play the usual way they are used is to have an instrument plugin and optional effect plug in chain that then has multiple states that can be called up into any new song. So if you have the same plugin used throughout your song list then it would be a good candidate for being in a rack with multiple states to reflect your different patches and volumes settings used in your various songs.

• Creating racks with multiple states might require re-programing your levels and patches for each state you use and then some tweaking in the individual songs using the Rack Master Volume.

• on the VB3 sustain question place your filter in the rack midi input (inside the VB3 Rack you make) that routes to your VB3 plugin.

good luck

Dave

You could just use VB3’s global options under midi# 64 control to use sustain pedal to trigger leslie

1 Like