Korg Krome Combi/Program changes

Hi - looking for help! Thanks - I have a Korg Krome and am setting up Cantabile to send patch changes to the Korg. All is going fine. The Korg has sounds in Combi banks and also in Program banks and I can send a sysex command to change to Combi mode, and a different sysex command to change to Program, as required. I then follow up the sysex command with a specific program/combi change, according to what sound I need. Now, on some songs, I use both a Combi sound and switch mid song to a Program sound, or vice versa. So what I’d like to do is send patch changes to both the Combi part, and also to the Program part. That way I just switch to the other mode with a finger press and the sound is already loaded in via my patch change. Here’s an example:

Send sysex to Combi to make sure it’s in Combi mode
send patch change to Combi
send sysex to Program to make sure it’s in Program mode
send patch change to Program

so I have 4 commands - each works if I send a test. But when I run them all together, it seems to ignore the first two and just send the last two.

Any ideas, or a workaround?

Hi Simon and Welcome to the Forum! :slight_smile:

I have some questions. Have you tried doing the sequence of commands manually using the test play button on the bindings? I ask because if the bindings are sending the sys-ex & PG chg messages manually and working correctly and they don’t when sent in a block of sys-ex & PG change commands then you probably need to put a bit of time delay between the 2 groups of commands. This is done with the time delay settings on each binding. In any event that’s my first guess as to what might help.

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks Dave, yes, they all work individually. I’ll try the time delay to see if that helps with the group send…and let you know! THANK YOU!

Simon