Komplete Kontrol not loading Instruments

Busy learning Cantabile, impressed, a really powerful tool. I have a question though regarding Native Instrument’s Komplete Kontrol VST (I’m a heavy NI user, also use the Komplete Kontrol S49 as a hardware controller).

When I load Komplete Kontrol as a VST plugin in Cantabile, and use the Browse button on the S49, I can browse and hear previews of all instrument presets, as expected. But when I then press Enter on the S49 to actually load the preset, KK reports it cannot find any of the preset files. I get a message in KK suggesting I first start KK in standalone mode and rescan.

This despite the fact that I have rescanned KK quite recently: KK in standalone mode works just fine; also zero issues when using it as a VST instrument in my DAW (Cubase 9.5 pro). BTW, I’m also looking at the new GigPerformer package, and there, KK works as expected, so further evidence to suggest that it’s not my plugin that’s at fault.

Should I perhaps initiate the recommended KK scan while KK is loaded in Cantabile? Or does Cantabile have some structural issue with the way KK accesses its instruments? Or, most likely, am I missing something? Thanks in advance for your help on this!

I’ve seen this problem with other users of KK. Re-installing all of the NI plug-ins (except KK itself) cured it.

1 Like

Is the issue solved?
I am planning to buy the KK S61 midi keyboard.
If I could use all the browser functions and Cantabile I would be extremely satisfied.

it works great for me:)

1 Like

Perfect.
I tested the keyboard in a shop and I was impressed. Stiff and fast keys as I like.
Browsing to find the right preset is fast and sharp. On my list for next buy.
My Arturia Keylab 61 mkII will be on sale soon

Never a problem here.
Terry

1 Like