Keyboards the transmit Polyphonic Aftertouch

Cantabilers,

What current keyboards transmit polyphonic aftertouch?

Thanks

CD

I have a Hydrasynth Deluxe and it’s Poly Aftertouch is wonderful.

2 Likes

Ditto, and a great synth as well

Ditto ditto.

I have both the Hydrasynth and Hydrasynth Deluxe. The older Hydra seems just a bit more responsive to aftertouch than the Deluxe, but there’s not much in it. They are both fabulous synths and controller keyboards.

You actually have a bit of choice for poly AT, from something like an old Elka MK76/88, if you can find one (loved mine), or a couple of the old Ensoniq keyboards, to something shiny and new, such as Behringer’s UB-XA.

Be careful if you are looking for poly aftertouch, because MPE is around, and poly AT and MPE ‘poly AT’ are completely different things. I’ve seen this trip people up several times. The Hydrasynth can do either. It’s worth going full MPE if you have machines capable of it.

Take a look at the Expressive Osmose. Not only will this do poly AT/MPE, but it has other clever tricks, including note bending and pressure-weighted portamento. Pity it’s only 4 octaves.

Then there are the Roli Seaboards. These remain my favorite poly AT/MPE controllers. They go so far beyond simple aftertouch that there’s no going back, if you can adapt to them.

2 Likes