Key switch instruments from PC keyboard

Hi all,
I’m using a violin plugin (VSCO) with key switch for differents modes like sustain, spiccicato, pizzicato, and tremolo. Now I made a binding to make these switches from pc-keyboard, that works excellently. Next step I would like to make the same switch for more instruments (violin, cello, bas) with just 1 key-stroke. Is there a way to realize this in Cantabile?
thanks,
Joop

You can select a group of existing bindings, then copy that group and paste them in below the existing set, giving you a starting template where you need only change a few parameters to make that set apply to a different VST instrument.

Terry

1 Like

Hi Terry,
that will work, but than still each binding will have a different key on my pc keyboard to be activated, I do not believe that I can assign a key to more bindings (wouldn’t be a bad idea,…).
I found a solution however. I can activate the key switches with the midi play that I make playing a single chord with all the switch keys for the instruments. By correctly setting the key range I can switch all instruments together. It is not the most elegant solution I guess, but it does work.

1 Like

Good solution. I wonder if you can also use the Note Map Filter (the small funnel-shaped icon following the output port)?

Maybe you can direct the onscreen keyboard through the filter with note reassignments that make the PC keyboard notes correspond to the correct note on the keyboard. You could create several such maps in one filter and check/uncheck different ones as you want to use them, or a series of Onscreen Keyboard inputs having different filters, perhaps. That might make it possible to bypass the bindings entirely or make combo outputs. You could even enable/disable such Onscreen Keyboard input setups using bindings.

Terry