Ivory II Grand Pianos for Kontakt

Is this for real? Ivory II for 19.00?

I doubt it… :stuck_out_tongue: Where are you seeing that?

The only stuff for Kontakt using Ivory are bootlegs that are vastly reduced in size and features. But there are offerings out there. I don’t know the legality end of it though as Synthogy doesn’t show any affiliations of that sort with those library makers. They are likely cheats but I don’t imagine they (whoever is offering it) will post or explain. Do you have a link?

Dave

Sorry, thought I had included a link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ivory-Grand-Pianos-II-piano-samples-for-KONTAKT/173044938668?hash=item284a4837ac:g:vMgAAOSwQm9Z2kqC

Here’s a quote from the feature list: “Total size 3Gb (Cut unofficial version) of stunning, Acoustic Grand Piano sampled instruments”

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the link :slight_smile:

It says :

“Total size 3Gb (Cut unofficial version)”

Yes, this is the same unauthorized condensed copy some fellow made a few years ago. Either he or some inter-prizing pirate is trying to market it now on ebay is what it looks like to me. FWIW I also remember reading that it was an OK piano library as far as simple Kontakt libraries go. (there are some very complex Kontakt piano libraries as well that are legit)

Dave

A little off topic, the iPad version of Ivory II, while of course not the same quality as the full Windows app (it only needs 2 gb of drive space), sounds surprisingly good. It’s available as an add-on for Korg module. I can see it being useful for practice or where traveling light is top priority.

The great grand father of it all was the Kurzweil K2xxx series pianos created by the 2 engineers that founded Synthogy. It was only 2 Mb!

3 Likes

Aarrrrgggg! Shake yer booty !! :skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones:

2 Likes

Yeah, “cut unofficial version” and “key no needed” sounds totally legit :lying_face:

1 Like