Installing Plugins

Sorry for the newbie questions but I just don’t know that much about this stuff.

I’ve restored my Asus Win 8.1 64 bit notebook back to original and will be re-installing the following:

Cantabile
Presonus Studio One
Scuffham Amp S-Gear
Sampletank
Kontakt
EZ Drummer
Fishman Triple Play Software
Maybe some others I can’t think of right now.

Should I just accept the default file installation locations or override the default?. It seems like in the past I ended up with a hodgepodge of installation locations. Seems like the install location folders could be better organized and easier to locate.

Should I create a “VST Plugins” folder and install everything into sub folders ?

My setup is pretty simple. Just playing guitar at home thru a Focusrite 2i4 interface and out to Yamaha monitors.

Thanks for your help.

Bob

I’d recommend centralising as much as you can, to avoid having a whole string of VST folders. I have two VST folders, one for 32-bit and one for 64-bit plugins.

1 Like

That’s what I do. And I usually keep them right off the root directory but that’s just me.

1 Like

Same here. Keep things simple.

1 Like

Once upon a time there would be installers where you just couldn’t customize your install path but I think those days are over!

1 Like