Input from In Ear Monitor users

I had been thinking about using the Xvive, and after a conversation with @dave_dore decided to give them a try. I had also tried multiple tips on the 215‘s as well, and had some of those same issues. I decided to give the Mackie MP 240’s a try and they have proved to be just what the doctor ordered. Great frequency response, plenty of low end and they fit great and stay in. I’m using the stock large, no ridge tips. They come with three different styles of tips in three different sizes to fit pretty much any ear. Of course, you can always choose from several different kits to make your own custom molded buds.

UPDATE: Decided to take it a step further because…well why not and ordered a kit for custom molded ear buds for around $12 on Amazon

Radians - CEP002-T CEP001-T Tan Custom Molded Earplugs

https://www.amazon.com/Radians-Custom-Molded-Earplugs-Nrr26/dp/B00BD5NUJE/ref=sr_1_6?crid=2A3BBFISQ2FT4&keywords=diy+kit+custom+ear+buds&qid=1701186232&sprefix=diy+kit+custom+ear+buds%2Caps%2C151&sr=8-6

They have 3 colors…red, orange and tan. I chose the tan so it blends in. I will update this post once I have completed the process and will include some pics with it.

2 Likes

I think you’ll like the Radian kit, hope it works for you. I just got my XVive T9s and was assuming I’d have to get the Radian kit as well, but the large memory foam tips that came with it are the best seal I’ve ever had. Which is odd considering that those tips don’t have much foam at all, but they fit my ears. And I’d gone through several tips on the 215 and had Complys on there that I’d thought were an excellent seal.

The first thing I noticed is the shape of the sound tube that the tips fit onto. Compared to the 215s and most others I’ve tried this tube is larger diameter, and shaped like an oval. And it’s slightly shorter than the 215. And the result is impressive… for the money the T9s are outstanding, much better than the 215… bass response is excellent, and the overall sound stage has more clarity, with clean highs that aren’t midrange-heavy. Thanks for the tip Dave, they’re great buds and for $160 well worth it!
Tom

1 Like

My MP240’s are great, but you guys are making me think about a backup pair. I might have to give those a try.