IK Multimedia MODO BASS 2

Hi All,

Pre-order sale on for the new MODO Bass. Many new additions, including new fretless, uprights, groove pattern library and ability to make any existing guitar fretless. There goes my piggy bank. :money_mouth_face:

Cheers,

Dave

1 Like

First robots cooking burgers and now bass player automation :laughing: :guitar:

1 Like

I use MODO 1 but without any pattern generator, Doors style bass, love it!

1 Like

I have MODO 1 also - great for left hand bass parts.

It’s out now so I’m giving it a look on the side and so far I really like the fretless and upright choices. I don’t use the pattern generator but I guess I could get some ideas/instruction from it. I am looking forward to using it in Cantabile soon!

Dave

Very interested to learn more once you have used it further. I guess the big question is - does the new version add enough to motivate the average MODO 1 user to upgrade?

The key additions for me are

• more models - more colors to paint an arrangement with. Easier to simply switch to a different bass than try to massage a stubborn bass into an arrangement with EQ and comp
  • upright basses - also a nice color for some styles
  • the ability to switch fretted basses to fretless - easy to make a bass more “rounded” if the song requires it

I haven’t used all the new features in production yet, but I’ve replaced MODO 1 with MODO 2 in my songwriting template, so it’ll definitely get a lot of use over time…

Cheers,

Torsten

Hi All,

I finished converting over all my set lists to MODO 2. It definitely has a different sound than v One with regards to the output levels. V 1 is louder & more “in your face” but after gain matching the 2 I found I liked the overall depth & sound of V2 over 1, it sounds and plays more naturally to me. The new basses are excellent IMO and I had 2 songs that I switched to uprights already, one with the standard jazz and the other with the rockabilly. @dsteinschneider asked if the average MODO 1 user would want to upgrade and I would have to say no, MODO 1 is still a great product for most everything, I used it for years now. But in my case where I play all the bass parts in the show it was a great thing to have the extra choices. I use a dozen or more different basses in a show and it really makes a difference when they are changed in accordance with the song. For instance I was playing a Moody blues cover and it never sounded right till I dialed up the the Fender Jazz type bass on it or when I play Something by the Beatles I can call a Rickenbacker up. In both cases it just sounds right to me because I am so familiar with the original recordings. Anyway I just wanted to follow up since Doug was wondering.

Dave

2 Likes

I still use MODO Bass1 but with different amps and cabs (for instance the PA Gallien Krueger).

1 Like

@dave_dore - thanks for the detailed update. I installed MODO Bass 2 a while back and quickly listened to the new basses and liked them but will stay with MODO Bass 1 until a deal comes along like the last group buy.

2 Likes