Hunting Hypersonic 2

I’ve had a couple of reports that Hypersonic 2 doesn’t work in Cantabile. I’ve also had reports from other users that it works fine. Perhaps this is a x86/x64 issue since I know it was only ever available as 32-bit.

Anyway, I’m wondering if anyone can confirm/deny these reports. If you have Hypersonic would you mind giving it a quick test in Cantabile 3 x86 and letting me know how it goes.

Also, if anyone has or knows of a copy they’d like to sell, donate or loan I’d be interested - PM or email me - although I hear owners are reluctant to give up this plugin.

btw: I’ve contacted Steinberg about acquiring a license but they sold some of the technology and aren’t allowed to issue licenses anymore. Second hand is the only way apparently.

Hi Brad,

I know this is an old thread, but i want to say that I’ve found that Hypersonic2 crashes Cantabile, even the latest version. I’m using the 32bit version of both in Win 10 X86. It also crashes in 64bit versions with a jbridged Hypersonic.

As this isn’t available any more, I’m sure you’d be forgiven for finding a torrent version, purely for research of course.

Hey Phil,

Thanks for that. Did you send through a crash report - I’m happy to look at it, but if it looks like an issue actually with an developer abandoned plugin I’m probably not too interesting in going too deep on it.

Brad