How to route Windows media player into Cantabile?

I’m trying to get a very basic setup working and need some guidance.

I have an Acer Switch tablet running Windows 10 and a Presonus studio 2|4 interface. I’m using the Presonus ASIO driver. Inside Cantabile I’m running a single plugin (SpaceCraft). Audio to and from the Presonus works perfectly. What I want to do is to be able to play a CD/DVD in the attached drive and route the audio through Cantabile/SpaceCraft.

I can get the audio to play on the tablet speakers, but I have not been able to route the audio into Cantabile. I’ve tried various other drivers/ add-ons like SAR, virtual patch cable, etc with no success.

Any tips/ suggestions for getting this to work?
Thanks much

I’m wondering if this is something Voicemeeter (Banana or Potato) would help with. You would set up the Presonus driver in Voicemeeter and then use Voicemeeter inside of Cantabile. Then you can add an external audio input (sound from the computer routed thru the Voicemeeter channel) and then routed through the VST. I’m not by my computer right now but I think it works.

1 Like

Voicemeeter Banana or Potato is definitely the way to go here, I agree. Reason being that you can interface it using ASIO to Cantabile AND your ASIO audio interface simultaneously. (…when it syncs, anyway!) If you get de-sync (robot voice garble), turn Cantabile’s power button off then on again quickly to catch it at a different time. You can even use Voicemeeter as an ASIO insert with Cantabile.

Terry

This video shows using the inserts (available on every strip) in Voicemeeter to send to Cantabile. Though it uses Cantabile Lite in the video, it applies to any version of Cantabile.

Terry

2 Likes

Here are directions for three media players showing how to select which output it uses, so you needn’t be limited to using only the default output. Handy when you want to send the media player to the VAIO AUX slider in Voicemeeter!

Windows Media Player:

Foobar2000:

VLC Media Player:

4 Likes

Wow - thanks for the help. I guess I initially picked the wrong add-ons to help w, the problem. I’ll have some time this afternoon to give it a try.

Again - thanks for the prompt and complete assistance.

2 Likes