How to reduce latency even more? Better interface... which one? LatencyMon questions

Out the door it was $3k … a little more than I really wanted to pay. However it’s been running flawlessly and they have great technical support.

Terry, I’ve been looking at getting the MOTU Ultralite Mk4, but driver issues have given me pause. However, there’s a Win 10 user over on gearslutz with that unit who was having a lot of problems, but just got a pre-release beta driver by contacting MOTU. Last report was that it fixed ALL the problems. Don’t know if that also applies to your model.

Really interesting article, mrheiser… I’d heard that W10 overhauled audio, but didn’t realize how extensive it is. Being a non-programming type, what I don’t quite follow is the Microsoft statement that:
“The Audio Engine writes the processed data to a buffer.
Before Windows 10, this buffer was always set to ~10ms.”

So how are people and dawbench getting latencies well below 10ms on Win7 if that’s the case? Or is the article talking only about the “native” audio processing, and that’s bypassed when using an audio interface with it’s own drivers, control panel, etc?

Sorry, I’m pretty technically-minded but my skills are more on the producing/engineering side.

Thanks!
Tom

That is a very new model (the mk4) so I’m not surprised they encountered some bugs to fix. Glad there is a beta driver in the works! That driver does not apply to the mk3 units. There is no doubt in my mind that the mk3 WDM drivers are in desperate need of attention. No issues with the ASIO ones here.

I believe that article was indeed only discussing the “native” WDM and KS properties, which were bypassed when using ASIO drivers on those older OS versions.

Terry