How to get faster song switching?

If it reloads samples you did something wrong. You do not switch presets and you preload the setlist, right?

Iā€™m just not sure how this would work practical? Any idea here? The switching proces?

@So_Godly: can you clarify? What is the question? Sven feel free to pm le!

As for @matejb 's comment: I do this for dozens of Kontakt libraries (some of which that take ages to load) - and have zero switching time. Obviously the flipside is that Cantabile startup time goes up.

Yes but you are probably not using Kontakt in a linked rack AND selected ā€œEntire Bankā€ in plugin State Behavior (the first checkbox - song based).

If I have this selected, then samples reload every time I switch to a song.

If instead I select parameters to be exported manually, song switches instantly.

Am I missing something?

@matejb : Iā€™m not sure what you mean, but here is an example screenshot of what I do.

• I have a linked rack - in this case itā€™s called Pianoā€™s Linked
  • That has - in this case - 9 different pianoā€™s in it. - 5 kontakt pianoā€™s (all in 1 multi) and 4 instances of Keyscape
  • Each of those pianoā€™s listens to a different Midi track
  • In this song, every state plays a different piano. E.g. State 1 does a bright Keyscape Piano, on Midi 1
  • There are bindings, mapping the input device (which is hidden in a ā€œFader Rackā€ in this case) to the appropriate midi channel - depending on the state, the relevant binding is activated and the others are deactivated.

Pic below show the linked rack:

I didnā€™t include a pic of whatā€™s inside the Kontakt multi but you get the picture I guess? It is simply 5 piano presets, each on their own midi channel (2-6 in this case) If not give a shout and Iā€™ll post that as well. Keyscape does not do multiā€™s so I have 4 instances of Keyscape loaded, each with their own piano preset (as you can see).

Works great! Hope this helps clear up your confusion?

4 Likes

@Tom_Tollenaere Again - you DONā€™T use the ā€œEntire Bankā€ state behavior (as I marked in my above screenshot) and this explain why you donā€™t have issues.

I donā€™t have issues either, I just made a comment that using the ā€œEntire Bankā€ state behavior will cause samples to reload even if preloading. And it makes sense when you think about it - I just made a comment to warn new users that might have trouble with it just as I had once. Again, this is not a software issue, itā€™s an issue about misunderstanding what the option really means and does.

Now - the ā€œEntire Bankā€ means just that - ā€œremember and reload entire bank including samples for each song or rack stateā€. While this is a nice shortcut for non-sampled instruments, using it with sample libraries it will slow song loading down.
Regards,
Matej

1 Like

Yes, you are right I do not use entire bank (donā€™t see why I would really :slight_smile: ).