Help Needed: Cantabile Performer Crashing During Setlist Changes

Hey everyone,

I am pretty new to Cantabile and recently started using Cantabile Performer for live gigs. It’s been a fantastic tool, but I’ve run into a frustrating issue that I can’t seem to solve on my own.

During a couple of recent performances, I noticed that Cantabile crashes when switching between songs in my setlist. It doesn’t happen every time, but when it does, it’s a total showstopper (literally). The crash seems to occur right when I’m loading a new song that has several plugins running. I am using a mix of VSTs like Kontakt, Omnisphere, and some others, if that helps.

When I was searching about this, I came across these resources/articles How to Optimize Cantabile for Live Performances MSBI Developer Roles and Responsibilities, however, they are quite useful, but I wanted to learn more from community.

Has anyone else experienced this, or have any idea what might be causing it? I’m wondering if it’s a memory issue, or maybe something to do with the way my setlist is configured. I’ve tried increasing the buffer size and reducing the number of plugins, but no luck so far.

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi @leenjas,

Sorry to hear you’re having these issues. I’m happy to investigate if you want to send me the crash reports:

1. Start Cantabile
  2. From the Tools menu, choose Open Settings Folder.
  3. In the folder opened there should be a sub-folder called “Crash Reports”
  4. Locate and files around the date(s) the crash occurred and email them to me and I’ll see if they provide any clues.

Brad