Ghost in my machine :-/ Synth1 bug

Think I have a ghost in the machine :confused:

Hm, seems to have this on more sound with the LFO as modulationā€¦
Only on Synth1?
Strange thing is, in the plugin the LFO is at the right position.
But the sound is at low speed LFO.

Ahhhhhhhhh !!! :-/

Maybe i can disable a Cantabile CC setting to see it doesnā€™t happen? seems to happen at system level?

@brad I hope you can help me out with this, itā€™s a cold shower for meā€¦
(hope you get the idea by the audio on this video? the pc mic does a terrible job)

@brad, maybe I can give you access to my pc with teamviewer so you can check my settings? Or try to look for a solution? Let me know?

Seems that the LFO settings in the plugin parameters is correct
See LFO 2

See LFO 1

I fixed it for now by adding a binding to go a preset up/down on synth1. Then it is reset.
Can I add this to the loading of a song? Via a makro? How?

Or load the preset again when the song loads?

Yep. Thatā€™s a ghost, alright. Iā€™ll look up some ghostbusters in your area and send you their phone numbers. :grimacing:

Well, stuff like this certainly is zero fun. Iā€™ll have to give it a try and see if it messes up similarly. I do have Xpand!2 - does it do this with that as well? Is Synth1 the only one having this issue?

Terry

Who you gonna call ?
Brad the Bugbuster :smiley::ghost:

Yep, only in synth1 as far as I can see.
I love that synth, simple speedy and effective.

Iā€™ve made a big note in yellow en red:

RELOAD PRESET !!!

I wonā€™t forget to reset when I load the song :slight_smile:
But still, Cantabile was almost perfect for me, I started smiling againā€¦

That web page for Synth1 seems entirely untouched - it no longer has correct embed codes for its SoundCloud examples. I wonder if it was abandoned due to the pressures of making it work correctly with all DAWs?

Terry

Donā€™t know, but itā€™s japanese origin. The creator only updates very rare. Last update he added ladder filter.
Itā€™s very basic the synth, but has 10 000 presets available.
Iā€™m missing some more complex modulation matrix and reverb fx. But havenā€™t found a better synth until this day. Low CPU, simple layout, powerful sounds. (even FM)
Allot of people love it.

O wait a minute, can I add a program change when the song is loaded??? that would solve this bug?

I donā€™t have this trigger function?
Only
Show Notes - Routing - Binding

http://community.cantabilesoftware.com/uploads/default/original/1X/c684f7c460d80639844cc8bfc23cfa4d73dc1138.jpg

Seems that the triggers function has changed? Itā€™s different from the manual?
https://www.cantabilesoftware.com/guides/triggers

Found a temporary fix !!!
Me happy :slight_smile:

Itā€™s great to see all the functions you can do with Cantabile !

1 Like

Hi @So_Godly

Hrmā€¦ definitely something very strange going on there and glad you found a solution but Iā€™d like to get to the bottom of this.

The first thing Iā€™d try is isolating Synth1 from everything else. The easiest way to do this would be to create a new config and setup a new song with just Synth 1 and see if you can reproduce it. If so then let me know and Iā€™ll look into it but Iā€™ve not heard of this with Synth 1 before.

If not, then itā€™ll be a process of elimination to try and find the cause.

Iā€™d start by backing up everything so you can go all scorched earth on it without worrying about losing anything. Thenā€¦

1. Turn off set list preloading, try itā€¦
  2. Disabling any song/rack bindings, try itā€¦
  3. Disable and MIDI filters, or MIDI route settings, try itā€¦
  4. Disable anything in your background rack, try itā€¦
  5. Keep deleting/resetting stuff till you either find the cause or get back to the blank slate.

Thereā€™s nothing else weird about your setup is there? Eg: youā€™re not running the plugin through jBridge, have multiple copies of Synth 1 loaded, using an unusual sample rate (try switching to 44,100 and see if problem happens).

If you can figure out how I can reproduce it here I can certainly look into trying to fix it, or at least take it up with Synth1ā€™s developer.

Brad

1 Like

Wow Thx for that extensive answer and support Brad.
Iā€™ll make a clean install work Synth 1 and test it.

Ok Iā€™ve done the test, made a clean config with Synth 1 and the problem stays, so itā€™s deffinatly a synth1 related prob.
Iā€™ll send you the files.

Guess what? I fixed it !!!

Seems that I was running version 1.12, because Intone did not accept 1.13 (beta).
I replaced it with the latest and seems that the problem is fixed.
I keep you updated.

@brad, thx for you quick support also !!!

2 Likes

@So_Godly

Svenā€¦Could you sell some of your energy to me? :grinning: I wish I had the time and your energy to keep up to date with my many projects, but then my ADHD would kick in and I would get just a part of everything done. Glad you like Cantabile. I still get excited with things I discover daily on this wonderful monster @brad created. And the support from everyone on this site is amazing.

Kudos

Corky

3 Likes

Haha Corky, well, itā€™s getting better now, Iā€™m at home from work, just because I burned my energy :wink: But itā€™s true, when I put my teeth into something, I donā€™t find any rest (I already apologise to Brad)
But once this all is running smooth you wonā€™t hear my anymore :wink: