Gain values in Omnisphere multi mixer have no effect

I’m currently on Cantabile Performer build 3521 and have a problem setting the gain values for individual patches in Omnisphere.

I have imported a series of midi tracks into separate media players and am using them to play different patches loaded into a single instance of Omnisphere (using the multi mixer). The problem is that if I set the gain values for each individual patch within the multi mixer, these only have effect while I have Omnisphere opened and start the master media player. However, as soon as I stop and restart the media player, all the gain gain sliders just reset to their original position. Alternatively, if I adjust the gain values for each individual media player, this does not seem to have any effect on the actual audible gain value at all. I have done this in the past but have no idea what I am missing this time. Can anyone help me with this one?

Two things come to mind:

1. You’ve got “Reset MIDI at start of File” turned on - this will send a bunch of CC reset events when you start playing the file which Omnisphere is detecting and resetting this.

2. The MIDI file you’re using has similar CC events encoded into it. You could try suppressing them with a MIDI filter - either on the MIDI file settings, on the MIDI out route from the player, or on the input to the plugin. Or edit the file to remove them.

Brad

Thanks for your suggestions, @Brad. I am already looking at them. The weird thing is that this problem only occurs with patches send to Omnisphere, not to the ones sent to Kontakt. I will report back as soon as I find out more.

1 Like

Just reporting my progress with this issue. I have not been able to solve the original problem but have found a workaround. One patch in particular is causing problems because it is way too loud, so first I tried activating ‘Reset MIDI at start of File’ for the media player as you suggested, @Brad, but this did not have any noticeable effect (the patch would sound as loud as ever). I then edited the midi file and deleted all CC events so that only the note information was left, but that still did not solve the problem. Weird!

For the time being, my workaround is simply to load a separate instance of Omnisphere for the patch that was too loud and lower the volume in the mediaplayer. Funnily enough, changing the media player volume does work when I have just this one patch loaded into Omnisphere, while I cannot adjust the volume levels when loading several patches into the multi mixer…