Find plugins by vendor

I don’t know about everyone else, but I find my “Insert plugin” dialog huge and unwieldy, with hundreds of plugins, and it got me thinking. How about adding a “By vendor” selection option, which would show folders named U-He, IK Multimedia, Roland etc? It would be particularly handy for keeping track of those sets of plugins you get with Roland Cloud, Arturia Collections etc.

It would also be useful to be able to type a vendor into the search box, and it filters plugins down to only those by that vendor.

Neil

3 Likes

Hi Neil,

It has my vote! Studio One has that option and it makes it fast to find the plugs I want.

Dave

I would like that two. Especially handy with all the Arturia and U-He I have.

• Paul

I was wishing that very same thing 2 days ago. I couldn’t think of the plug name, but knew the vendor.

Agreed. I’ve been using the tag feature to include vendors, but this would be a time-saver.

Like it and logged it.

2 Likes

Gets my vote (and it did :slight_smile: )

I added a commnt that I have all of my plugins organised in the computer’s file structure under my VST directory, so an option to view by a directory tree would also be cool.

See Insert Plugin → By Folder.

I feel such a chump! I forgot that this option was already there… Thanks for pointing it out :slight_smile:

1 Like