Feature request: no preload command line option

Hi Brad,

When troubleshooting (involving restarting cantabile a few times) it’s often a bit of a pain to wait for all of a set to preload. Could we have a /nopreload command line option?

Thanks,
John

Hi John,

This option is available in the startup options that forces a prompt before the long pre-load if it is set to do that. Might help till you get with Brad on the option request.

Dave

2 Likes

Thanks, good point, although I’d have to remember to change this back ahead of a gig. I’ve also thought about supplying a different setlist or song file as a command line parameter.

John

Hi @brad, any thoughts on this? Thanks, John

Have a look at the “Multiple Configurations” user guide. I usually have a number of different configs on my live laptop - one for each band I play in, plus some when I’m travelling and just tuning sounds in a hotel room. These configs load different set lists on starting Cantabile and use a different audio configuration (I have different audio interfaces in the two rehearsal locations, plus a small USB interface for my travel kit).

So you could create one configuration “Gig” that automatically loads your set list and another “Rehearsal” that doesn’t (or prompts you each time).

Cheers,

Torsten

Hi Torsten,

Could do that at a push, but I ruled it out as I’d have to go to the effort of manually syncing changes between configs.

One thing I’ve suggested before is the ability to override any config item on the command line - that would allow you to have identical configs, but be able to switch interfaces for example.

John