Failed to load data (error 13002)

Hello all,

I bought two synth plugins and got a third free at Waves.com. They consist of Codex, Element, and Flow Motion. I’m using C4 build 4046.

All plugins load fine by themselves. When I create a linked rack with any one of them everything looks normal and gets saved fine. The error shows up after the rack has been closed and I reopen it. The plugin fails to load and I get error code 13002 stating it was in the incorrect format. Any suggestions?

Edit: Just noticed it’s doing the same thing if I save it as a Song.

Have you tried updating Cantabile? We are on build 4062 now and there have been a zillion things fixed since then. Here is the list of all the changes:

• Paul
1 Like

Hi @Tweaker,

I suspect it has something to do with how Waves Central handles the plugins and licenses. I have had the very same problem at least twice with Grand Rhapsody Piano.

Last time it happened, I had just switched the license on my PC (I had two) from the first to the second. After that, I got the 13002 error when loading a rack containing Grand Rhapsody.

The plugin is not loaded and it looks broken.

The name of the plugin file has not changed, nor its plugin ID. If I substitute the plugin (with itself, of course!), then it loads correctly. However, when I try to load the Cantabile bank that I had saved (to associate Grand Rhapsody presets with rack states), then I get 13002 again.

The log file did not help me recognize the error (at least it is not obvious). Maybe @brad could be of help on this one.

In the meantime, I have decided never buy a Waves plugin again. Their authorization system has already given me too many headaches. :grin:

Gabriel

P.S. However, I really like Grand Rhapsody for its sound, expecially the “Fat and punchy” preset.

1 Like

Yeah after looking deeper this isn’t any problem with Cantabile. I found out neither of two DAWs that I have will recognize the plugins. I was given no options for installation and they were installed to odd locations. Their plugin manager is of no help either. I’m going to uninstall everything and chalk this up as a loss.

A lesson learned, stay away from Waves plugins.

One location I’m having trouble deleting traces of Wave Audio is in AppData\Local. When I try to delete the folder after a fresh reboot I keep getting the message “Can not be completed because the folder or file is open in another location”. Can anyone help me with that one?

Found it in running processes! It was called “WavesLocalServer”. Once that was stopped I could delete the WaveAudio folder. :+1:

1 Like

Has anyone found a solution to this?? I’m having exactly the same problem with Waves Grand Rhapsody. Initially works fine when I set up a new song, but when I switch back I get the ‘Failed to load data because it was in the incorrect format (error 13002)’ message. I’ve purchased a whole bunch of Waves plugins and crossing my fingers I won’t have this problem with all of them! I just opened a support ticket with Waves, but they don’t have Cantabile listed as on e of their supported DAWs, so I’m not sure how much support I’ll get. Is there any way to get more information on the exact issue here?

When I switch back to the song with Waves Rhapsody, it gets the error but I can select ‘Replace Plugin’ and select the Grand Rhapsody from the plugin list and it comes right back.

Interestingly, I added one of Wave’s equalizers top the song and when I switched to a new song and then back the Grand Rhapsody needed to be reset, but the Waves equalizer plugin (after the Grand Rhapsody in the chain) was fine. So that seems to go against the licensing theory as I’d think all of Waves plugins would have the problem.

Can someone (Brad?) give an educated guess as to what’s happening so I can relay this back to Waves support? The plugin obviously works fine with Waves own standalone player, but I use Cantabile for everything.

One more thing: I own the full Waves bundle (purchased last month) and it’s all of them, not just the Rhapsody. I have to right click and select ‘Replace Plugin’ and they come right back. Thankfully, Cantabile automatically assumes you’ll want to select the same plugin, so at least you don’t have to search for it!