Experimental Build 3687

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cantabilesoftware.com/blog/build-3687/
2 Likes

Thanks for all the work, Brad. The best keeps getting better!!

3 Likes

The Cantabile laboratory is active and busy, Many Thanks for your improvements. My current setup relies on new features added just this year and it’s been fantastic for my workflow from the programming to the performance. I will check out these new features pronto.

Best Regards Brad!

Dave

2 Likes

Thanks Brad, you have been busy.
I was wondering if it would be possible to make the Pseudo Preset lists dynamic? Something like the Setlist or States, where we could delete un-used presets or add new ones as needed. Of course there would be the 128 limit, but it would be nice to compact the list if only a few presets were needed. I was thinking you may be able to keep the 128 presets behind the scenes, so to speak, and only display the ones that were programmed and saved with an “Add New Preset” at the bottom of the list. That might be less coding then changing the entire preset model code.

Here’s my use scenario. I have created preset lists for the instrument plugins I use. Most of these lists have a couple dozen presets. I have a binding to move through the presets to select the needed sound, forward and backward. When I reach the last programmed preset, my binding keeps moving through the list to all the unset presets. I would like it to cycle through only the saved programmed presets.

1 Like

Yessss - this is great! Thanx, @brad - you’ve just saved me a weekend of coding :wink: . I was planning to build a “setlist inspector” to compile exactly this usage information and navigate through it: reworking my setup and cleaning house, thinking “what songs are still using this old rack?” or “which racks are still using this old version of FabFilter Pro-Q?”.

All solved now - I owe you a beer!

4 Likes

Wow!! Thanks Brad…very nice! :+1:

3 Likes

Some people loves self-harm :grin:

1 Like

I’m actually going to use this to make sure my laptops aren’t on battery. (Like Brad said) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Brilliant :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @Jroth,

Interesting idea… logged it here.

Brad

I must have been picking up some vibes - no real reason why I picked this particular item from the Trello board but glad it’s well timed :slight_smile: fwiw, these ideas were originally suggested by @Neil_Durant almost five years ago (that went fast).

1 Like

Hi guys,
Where can version 3687 be downloaded from?
I’m new to the forum so I’m not familiar with how these newer versions are distributed. The official Download page in my browser still refers to version 3686.

Many thanks!

Hi Pete and Welcome!

All the versions are on this page after 3500

Cheers!

Dave

1 Like

Upgraded to Performer Build 3686 to support my favorite music application. Huge difference in loading times! Keep up the good work! Quality products may suffer from they Maytag repairman syndrome since they work so well, so I had to drop in here and say hello.