Error running Verify Setlist report on ver 3693

I realize that this version is experimental, so not sure if you want a bug report here. But I get this error when running Verify on a set list. Running against another set list did not produce the error.

Reverted back to version 3689 and did not get the error when running the report against the same set list

Roland,

I just spent most of the day fixing this same issue. I had something to do with the way songs running under an older build were stored (saved). I ended up creating a NEW Setlist (several, in my case) and imported songs from the troubled Set List (broken up into 20 song groups). I had to create several NEW set lists to accommodate all of the songs). I ran the Verify on each Set List until one got the error message. Then I located the problem Song (corrected the error if I could see it) and did a Save Song As on that song. I will say, even though I corrected several songs with Binding errors, I still ended up combining all of my “clean” mini Set Lists and saving that over top of my original set list (Save Set List As). This probably looks like a ridiculous method, but I had run completely exhausted all Brad’s complimentary “Get Out Of Jail” cards, and had to figure it out my self. 🥸

1 Like

This is a bug which I’ll need to look into but I’ll need to figure out how to reproduce it.

@Roland_Robertson can you send me a copy of the problematic set list along with any references songs and racks and hopefully I’ll get the same issue here so I can fix it. If it’s too large for email, you can upload a zip here.

I have uploaded a zip file and responded via email. Thanks Brad for reaching out.

Hi Roland,

I got the zip file, but didn’t get an email.

I tried what was in the zip file and the verify doesn’t fail with Object Reference error, but does give validation errors. Perhaps can you send me the other racks that it references? ("_GlobalOutput", “Silent Lucidity - Choir” and “Silent Lucidity - Strings”

Brad

I believe I’ve found this issue and have made a fix for the next build. which is available now in build 3694.

1 Like

Sorry I wasnt able to upload enough of the setlist for you to easily repro the issue. But I can confirm that if I open an old setlist containing the embedded rack that seemed to cause my issue, in build 3694, that I no longer get this error. So it does appear that you have fixed the issue that I was seeing!

@brad, one minor nitpick on your release notes page, the notes for build 3694 say:
Released: 20 July, 2021

Thanks Roland - well spotted. Copy/paste error, fixed now.

Is this fixed for you now? Not sure if I got the exact same issue you’re hitting.

Yes. All fixed and working as expected. I am no longer able to produce the error dialog (although I am no longer using the same embedded rack in my normal set lists).