Enable/Disable measure sounds

Enable/Disable measure sounds.

Hello, I would like that when I play the metronome in the first two measures, I can hear the click in measure 1 and the weak sounds in the rest of the measures.

From measure 3 I want all the sounds to be weak.

I have seen that there is an option to Enable measure sounds, but it activates it for all measures.
Is there any “binding” where I can tell you to deactivate it in measure 3?

Thank you

Hi Felipe,

What version of Cantabile are you running? There is no doubt there’s a way but the bindings are new now so if you run pre 41XX then let us know.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi @dave_dore

Version: 3.0 Build 3702 (x64)

OK, I think the answer is no. You can’t turn off the Measure sounds except globally. The only thing you could try would be changing the balance between the measure and beat sounds to make the measure sound less prominent or go with no measure sounds and turn the overall volume down after the transport crossed the beginning of the measure you chose.

Thanks for the reply!

This is what I had in mind in case it couldn’t be done :slight_smile:
Thanks again

1 Like

I build my own “click” in my backing tracks so it does exactly what I want in terms of level and a few “end of pattern” sounds so I know

How about creating a MIDI file that does exactly that and run it in a media player routed to some VST sampler?

Similarly I use a rack with full bucket music Bucket Pops s a custom metronome - very easy to tweak the percussion sounds and a simple X0X style editor.

What would be useful is a count-in, for example I’ll sometimes record in Maschine (as a VST in Cantabile), and having no-count in is slightly painful. I do realise this would be fiddly to design and implement, but not impossible.

Thanks for all the ideas, I’ll try some.