Embedded racks and exported state

I’m having some trouble with exported state with embedded racks.

If I have an embedded rack in a song, with “Output gain” state behaviour checked, and I set different output gains for different song states, the embedded rack’s gain fader moves as I switch between song states.

However, if I have an embedded rack within a rack in a song, with the first, “Exported” state behaviour box checked for “Output Gain”, and I set different output gains for different song states, the embedded rack’s gain fader doesn’t move as I switch states.

It was my understanding that checking the first “Exported” state behaviour box would mean that changes to the parameter would be stored and retrieved from parent song states (providing the rack has “Exported state” checked), but this doesn’t appear to be the case. Furthermore, changing the gain on that embedded rack doesn’t cause a * to appear in the song filename, suggesting it doesn’t think anything has changed. I’m sure I’m doing something wrong…

Here are two screenshots. The first shows the parent song:

Next is the rack, showing the state behaviours of the embedded rack:

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Neil

Hi Neil,

Just tried it here in 3180 and seems to work fine.

Song State 1: (shown in controller bar)

Song State 2:

Song State 3:

Brad

Strange. I’m seeing something different in 3180. However, I think I did copy/paste the embedded rack from one I’d set up at the song level, so perhaps that has caused the problem I’m seeing, although I’m not sure why it would.

Will investigate further.

Neil