Displaying Rack Gain Information

I am in the process of moving all of my Cantabile songs to a new keyboard configuration. I have created a new “template” for the layout, and I have been linking my “old” linked racks to the new setup. That has allowed me to still add racks to the old setup while I am in process. One thing that I have found difficult, is mimicking the same gain settings in my new template. It seems as if the only way to see what a gain slider is at currently is to click on it… and then it inevitably gets moved. You can revert the song, of course, and I have opened the song files and used Excel to create a calculation to get the gain.

Is there a simpler way? It would be nice to hover over the slider and have the gain displayed.

Thanks,

Rick

3 Likes

Hi Rick,

I don’t have a good solution for you off hand. Let me think about it.

In the meantime, holding shift while you click the slider might help. (Shift key puts the slider into fine adjustment mode and you need to move the mouse a lot further to make a change).

Brad

Brad,

Thanks for the reply. I thought maybe I was missing something.

In the meantime, I’m just opening the song files with a text editor, search for the gain data, and drop it into Excel.

It works.

Rick