Display issue with Roland cloud synths

Hey @brad, have you changed anything on your Roland fixes in recent builds?

Cantabile title bar is messed up again in 3539 and 3540 (haven’t checked previous ones).

Cheers,

Torsten

Hi @Torsten,

I don’t think I’ve changed anything in this area and I just tested here with JV1080 in 3540 and it seems to be working fine… I’m on JV1080 version 1.01:

Brad

Hmm, that’s funny - I have exactly the same versions running here (3540 and 1.01).

The other nastiness (blank GUI) is gone, but Cantabile’s title bar is still messed up.

Just a cosmetic issue, but strange nonetheless.

Cheers,

Torsten

Working here, too. Even with 3 very different monitors. Build 3540.

Well, it’s working for me, too - no more blank windows. But for me, Cantabile’s title bar is still changed by the Roland plugins (see picture above) - does yours stay normal?

Cheers,

Torsten

Well, looks normal to me. Am I missing something?

I believe that @Torsten is referring to the fact that your Cantabile main window title is now showing “JV-1080”.

1 Like

HA! I didn’t even notice. I was looking for something more “irritating”. So, I guess I can confirm @Torsten’s concern about the Windows bar showing “JV-1080” instead of “Cantabile …” etc. I just looked and once you open up the rack and display the Super-JV control panel, then close said control panel and rack, the Windows bar STAYS a “JV-1080”. Thanks @Roland_Robertson!

Never let me be part of the QA Red team.

Yes, that was the issue I was addressing. The RolandCloud plugins take over Cantabile’s title bar - something that no well-behaved plugin should do. I seem to recall that this behavior was fixed by @brad’s Roland-specific fixes, but it looks like this one keeps slipping through…

Cheers,

Torsten

Hi @Torsten,

Ah - figured it out… although I didn’t make any changes to the way these Roland hacks work, I forgot that I completely disabled them in some cases (Doh!)

Between build 3535 and 3539 I made a number of changes to make Cantabile 35xx more like 32xx in the way it hosts plugin editors when per-window resolution support is not enabled. This included changing the app manifest, the way Cantabile determines which version of Windows is running and disabling hacky Roland hooks that are only needed when in per-window resolution mode.

I’ve re-enabled that one Roland hack for the next build. In the meantime, just ignore it - it should be benign.

Brad

1 Like