Display issue with Roland cloud synths

OK - I think I’ve got this sorted.

Build 3532 (available now) introduces a number of work arounds to fix the known issues. I’ve tested it with a handful of Roland Cloud plugins and it seems to be working but I haven’t had time to test every plugin.

Please let me know if you notice anything else amiss. These fixes won’t be retro-fitted to 32xx because the issues are more benign there.

Here’s build 3531 showing the problems:

Here’s build 3532 looking much better:

3 Likes

Is it advisable to move from 32xx to 35xx for performance yet? I’m having to create a couple of rigs for gigs later this year, and the option to reliably run Roland cloud instruments would be helpful.

So far I’ve heeded the warning on the download page.

Hi!

I had played a couple gigs with 35xx - good to go! :slight_smile:

regards

Thanks for your heroic debugging work and technical detail, @brad!!!

Neil

1 Like

Hi @The_Elf, it’s basically stable but not as well tested yet because most people are still on 32xx. Be sure to test it well in a practice session before going live.

Soon I’ll be marking it as stable to get more people moved over but wouldn’t be surprised if that shows up some (hopefully) minor issues.

1 Like

I have 35XX on my backup laptop. I used it on 4 gigs so far with no problems. I am going to transition my main laptop as soon as Brad pulls the trigger on stability, and I get time to do it.

Looks good - having fun with the Roland plugins now! Thanx, @brad!

Thanks, Brad

Shame you have had to spend effort to work around another company’s problems. I’ve had to do that myself, if it is any consolation. My ex.factory librarian has to work around bugs in the Yamaha EX5 MIDI SYSEX implementation (which can corrupt your data). In 2003 I gave Yamaha UK a detailed bug report, they sent it to Yamaha Japan. Yamaha Japan eventually came back and denied that the EX5 even supported SYSEX data transfer, despite that being patently false!!!

35xx is looking pretty stable over here as well. Tomorrow I will be back home, and will download and test the latest C3 build with the Roland Cloud synths.

Cheers
Derek

Good to hear positive reports of 35xx. I’ll soon begin building the new Catabile racks for the gigs later this year (I’ve learned a lot since my previous attempts, so it’s a start-over!), so I’ll use the newest version.

2 Likes

Hi,

Forgot to report back that I checked out the Cloud synths on 3532 and all looks good in this little part of the world.

1 Like

Jees, how hard is it to find your own bloody window handle.

1 Like

Well, some people can’t find their own a**s with both hands… :wink:

1 Like

Well I can relate to that! :laughing:

1 Like

Hey @brad, have you changed anything on your Roland fixes in recent builds?

Cantabile title bar is messed up again in 3539 and 3540 (haven’t checked previous ones).

Cheers,

Torsten

Hi @Torsten,

I don’t think I’ve changed anything in this area and I just tested here with JV1080 in 3540 and it seems to be working fine… I’m on JV1080 version 1.01:

Brad

Hmm, that’s funny - I have exactly the same versions running here (3540 and 1.01).

The other nastiness (blank GUI) is gone, but Cantabile’s title bar is still messed up.

Just a cosmetic issue, but strange nonetheless.

Cheers,

Torsten

Working here, too. Even with 3 very different monitors. Build 3540.

Well, it’s working for me, too - no more blank windows. But for me, Cantabile’s title bar is still changed by the Roland plugins (see picture above) - does yours stay normal?

Cheers,

Torsten

Well, looks normal to me. Am I missing something?

I believe that @Torsten is referring to the fact that your Cantabile main window title is now showing “JV-1080”.

1 Like