Disappearing bindings and more [RESOLVED]

I have created a duplicate song set up as a normal song (ie no linked rack) and it works fine. I then deleted the original song, and made a new one, with the linked rack, and the bindings don’t work. I have noticed with the linked rack collapsed, and in “States” view in the bottom left of the screen the State Behaviour - Rack box has Processing Mode, Selected Rack State and Exported State boxes ticked. I don’t know if this has any bearing on things.

I used the linked rack because I wanted to try it out, and because I read that it is better for memory as any other songs which use vsts that are in the linked rack do not have to load separate instances of those vsts, but use the ones already loaded. At the moment I am not using Cantabile heavily enough for that to be a problem, so for now I will continue using individual songs, and leave the linked racks until I have found out how to get the bindings to work!

Incidentally, the bindings I am using are all in the Background Rack, which has the lowest priority, but as there are no other bindings anywhere, what priority they have doesn’t matter. … or does it? Cue dramatic music!!!

You are right, if there are no other bindings, then it should not make any difference and no interference from other bindings with higher priority. But it sounds strange that it doesn’t work, whether it is linked or not should not have anything to do with it, and to the best of my knowledge neither the state settings you mention. However, if you have a solution that works, then at least you are good, and can investigate and experiment with the linked rack.

And, minor detail, the thing about linked racks being better on memory is only when you reuse the linked rack, it is the rack that is reused, incl vists, but not the vsts on their own if they are in other racks. The way I try to use vsts and linked racks is to create a linked rack for e.g. piano, and set it up with states for the piano sounds I want, including effects if I want that. Then, whenever I need a piano sound in a song, I can include the piano rack and select the state with the sound I need, and then I get the benefit of the linked rack, because everything within that rack is preloaded and reused.

1 Like