Crowd request, please "Report this app as safe"

Hi All,

As you may know, I recently went through a month long process to get a new code signing certificate for Cantabile and some users are now getting warnings from Microsoft SmartScreen like this:

I think this is because the address in the code signing certificate has changed and perhaps Smart Screen isn’t picking up the old reputation that Cantabile had.

If you get a warning along these lines when installing Cantabile, could I ask you please click the “Report this app as safe” link to help build up the reputation again and hopefully this will resolve itself shortly.

Thanks
Brad

4 Likes

Unfortunately, on Windows 10 version 1909, I only had this screen:

I could choose, More Info", and then “Run Anyway” but I could not find a way to report the app as safe :frowning:

ok, thanks anyway. I’m getting mixed messages about what’s happening here. Hopefully it’ll just settle down soon.

Hasn’t happened to me yet, but be assured that I’ll report it as safe if asked by Windows.

1 Like

Just downloaded 3646 and didn’t have to jump through any hoops this time with installing “Unsafe” software. I hope we broke through with critical mass.

1 Like

Hi @lorne.white, thanks for letting me know. Good to hear.

Hi Brad,

We’re seeing that for almost all applications. If it’s not from Microsoft we’re getting that Windows Protected Your PC box and have to click More Info and then Run Anyway.

Doug

UPDATE - here’s Samsung Magician doing it to me today:

1 Like

The experimental version 3647 was the first version since the new certification that installed in a fully friendly way.The trusted status must be a happening thing. At least it is here … :grinning:

1 Like